Meet our November Newbies!
This November we welcomed a whole new group of Newbies! In true Newbie tradition we asked them a few silly questions to get to know them better. So, take some time to learn a little bit about the new members of our team!
Julia Cames, Content Team Lead
Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with? Simone de Beauvoir and Greil Marcus
My worst job ever: I have learned at least one thing from them all!
- Which item could you not be without? Dental floss.
Fadi Nasser, Supplier Service Agent
Worst movie you have seen: Well, a few weeks ago I would have said "Movie 43" but now it's 100% "Sausage party"!!!!
3 things that you would do if you win the lottery: pay back BaföG, buy a football club, and then probably something stupid
If you could be any fictional character, whom would you choose? Easy, Ronald Weasley. He got Emma.
Felipe Besson, Data Engineer
- Worst movie you have seen: Twilight: Actually, I didn't watch it, but I know it would be the worst movie If I had watched...
- 3 things that you would do if you win the lottery: 1. Travel with my wife and my dog 2. Buy a lot of geek and useless stuff 3. Be a Rock star (at least buy a lot of guitars)
- Best gift that you have ever received: The 5th book of Game of Thrones
Sandra Perez Bonilla, Guest Relation Coordinator, Rome
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? "I'm going to work at the Colosseum, amazing!! "
- If you could be any fictional character, whom would you choose? Mafalda
- Best gift that you have ever received: A surprise visit when I needed it more than ever.
Eleanor Berger, Systems Engineer, Zurich
- Who wouldn’t you want to be stuck in the elevator with? I wouldn't want to be stuck in the elevator with anyone taking themselves too seriously, or not seriously enough. With the former I wont get to share a laugh, with the latter I wont have any meaningful conversation. Either would be a missed opportunity.
- My first job, before getting into technology, was as a touring musician, travelling from town to town playing keyboards with pop bands.
- I am an expert in bridging technology and operations - getting complex systems of cloud servers and applications make sense and work smoothly.
Megi Mustafai, Working Student Recruiting
- Who wouldn’t you want to be stuck in the elevator with? A mouse. It is my biggest fear.
- My first job was as a babysitter.
- I am an expert in: Making guacamole. I make a delicious one.
Diego Funaro, Guest Relation Coordinator, Rome
- What is your motto? I don't have a personal motto, but I'll make mine the motto of the Roman emperor Augustus "Festina Lente". This Latin sentence means more haste, less speed, or make haste slowly.
- Who would you like to be stuck in the elevator with? Nice question! Maybe I would like to be stuck in an elevator with J.J. Abrams, producer of the TV series Lost so we could talk about the show until someone helped us to exit and him to escape from my questions.
- My worst job ever: There are no bad jobs... Well, except working for your rival football club. (It's just a joke s.s. Lazio, you know I love you).
Dominik Müller, Data Engineer
- Which instrument are you able to play? Piano and a bit of drums are the ones I was taught. If `play` means just producing sounds, I would say a lot more.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Taking the train to Potsdam. (;)) Besides that some sports, reading, watching videos and playing board games.
- My worst job ever: With this being my first real job this question is tough. But I once had a one week work experience in the kitchen of the Adelaide Hilton and I can imagine better jobs than starting at 6am and cutting tomatoes for 2 hours.
Brittany Hernandez, Working Student Recruiting
- Who would you like to be stuck in the elevator with? David Bowie. RIP.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I currently spend a lot of my free time learning Vietnamese, traveling when I can, and playing tennis when it's not too cold outside :-) I also like to paint.
- My worst job ever: It was in high school at an extremely busy clothing store. Christmas season. Open 19 hours a day. Never again.
Daniel Olel, Back-End Engineer Marketing Technology
Which item could you not be without: My laptop. Pretty much everything that I do (Play games, read books, write code) is on that machine!
What do you like about living in Berlin? The transportation is incredibly good. Clean, punctual, fast. If you’ve lived in Kampala, then you definitely know what I am talking about!
My first job was: A cashier in my uncle’s stationary shop when I was 15, during a 3 month holiday after my O’levels.